We all can enjoy a date night every now and then. Considering that money is pretty tight for people right now (Keyword: right now). The Bert Show on 99.7 FM in Atlanta has come up with a few suggestions for dating on a budget.
Here are a few things that I would try from their list:
- The STARLIGHT DRIVE-IN MOVIE THEATRE – Although my husband and I haven’t been there in a while it is the ultimate cheap date. I told him that I thought it would be cute to bring a picnic basket and watch the movie from the back his truck. So pack your food and go on a date at the Starlight and catch two movies for the price of one. General admission is $7 per person and they only accept cash.
- Martinis and IMAX sounds like a great Friday date at Fernbank with live music and films. Martinis & IMAX© tickets, which include admission to the IMAX® Theatre, are $15 for adults. For those who wish to enjoy the atmosphere of Martinis & IMAX® without attending a film presentation, there is a $7 cover charge after 6:30 p.m.
- How about the shooting range? I’ve done that on a date before and I had a lot of fun. Well on a Saturday morning you could go to the Tom Lowe Trap and Skeet Range off of Camp Creek and then have lunch at one of the many restaurants in that area. For about $14 you get one box of shells, one round of shooting and free shooting clinic. If you attend the class, then you also get free ear plugs and free use of rental glasses and rental guns.
- A lot of us probably haven’t been to the Atlanta Zoo in while, but yet again another good daytime date that should include lots of time for chatting. Zoo Atlanta admission is $18.99 for adults.
- Sunday evening dinner at Shaun’s Restaurant in Inman Park should be pretty appetizing. They have Pasta Night every Sunday evening for about $12 per person that includes bread, salad, pasta entree and dessert.
- Get your in-theatre dining experience at Fork and Screen (formerly known as Buckhead Backlot). This is a full service movie theatre that serves drinks and food. The price for the movie is $10 all day Monday – Thursday and Friday, Saturday and Sunday before 4pm. For weekend days after 4pm, the cost of the movie is $15.
What are some of your budget date ideas?